Atlas Canottieri Lario

Como, via Puecher 6
1930-31:
engineer Gianni Mantero
1983 gym extension:
architect Enrico Mantero

Photos by Isabella Sassi Farìas

The new rowing club building was erected with a legacy from the mother of the rower Giuseppe Sinigaglia, after whom it is named, to celebrate the association’s fortieth year. The project was designed by Gianni Mantero on a general scheme by the Zurich architect Boedeker, an expert on facilities for rowing clubs. With a reinforced concrete structure and solid brick infill, the building has a clear and rational plan. The volume is set on the lakeside to emphasize its symbolic tie with it. Of particular architectural significance is the rowing tank and the outdoor diving tower in reinforced concrete.

Ricerche correlate