engineer Mario Levacher
2011 restructuring project:
architect Francesco Graziano (UTC Como)
Photos by Isabella Sassi Farìas
The market was part of the more general project, which in 1932 won a composition for the organization of public facilities in an area then affected by considerable urban development. Consisting of two large gallery spaces between via Mentana and via Sirtori, and surrounded by shops and service areas, the complex interacts with the urban morphology and presents an image combining elements of monumentality typical of the period with Rationalist volumetric and constructional solutions.