1936 built at the 4th Milan Triennale
architect Cesare Cattaneo, artist Mario Radice
Photo by Marco Cappelletti
“A purely decorative work, the exaltation of beautiful forms obtained with geometric perfection… without any literary or symbolic content or functional purpose,” Cesare Cattaneo, Mario Radice, 1935.
The monumental fountain was commissioned by the City of Como to regenerate one of the entrances to the city. The architect Cesare Cattaneo and painter Mario Radice devised a combination of rings and spheres in which the harmonious composition with its circular development is midway between sculpture and architecture.