engineer Paolo Perilli
Photo by Marco Cappelletti
Como San Giovanni station is on the Chiasso-Milan international line and is the terminus of the line to Lecco. It is used by Eurocity trains on the Zurich-Milan line. Built to a project by Paolo Perilli, it was opened in 1949.
Como Lago station opened as the terminus of the Como-Malnate-Varese-Laveno line (1885). In 1898, with the opening of the Saronno-Grandate railway, replacing the Como-Fino Mornasco-Saronno tram service, it became the terminus of the Como-Saronno-Milano Cadorna line.