1537 and 1719 Sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin
Photo by Marco Cappelletti and Sara Ruggeri
A World Heritage Site since 2003, the site consists of a Via Crucis that unfolds along the mountain above Ossuccio. The fourteen chapels are adorned by a complex of statues made by local craftsmen and incorporate the ascent that winds towards the church, the culmination of the sacred path. Landscape and buildings meet in a union between nature and artifice, with the aim of forming a setting for the ritual, expressed by the baroque style that distinguishes the whole.