Ufficio Tecnico Barosi
Photo by Marco Cappelletti and Sara Ruggeri
The power station of the Ticosa industrial complex is a ruin. The Como textile company, founded in 1871, is located, like many other dye factories in the city, near the Cosia River. The industrial complex is today partly demolished and partly reconverted. The thermal power station, the only building to survive in its original form, remains a symbolic presence: austere architecture with imposing concrete structures and large vertical windows, at the moment still without a new use.